Welcome from the Herndon Curve! We are a U17 team playing in WAGS HS Division 1 for the Fall of 2012. We proudly represent our club, Herndon Youth Soccer (HYS). Our players and their families live in the town of Herndon, and counties of Fairfax and Loudoun in Virginia. We are coached by Mark Roe.
NOVEMBER 2012 - Congratulations to the Curve for another 2nd place finish in Division 1 with a 5-3 record finishing with victories in their last two matches. In addition to the 2nd place finish, the Curve also finished as finalists in the Dulles Tournament and Discovery Cup during the Fall 2012 Season.
- Congratulations to the girls on a great Spring season that concluded on June 10th with a 2-0 victory over the first place BETH Storm to give the Curve 2nd place in Division one with a 5-2-1 record playing up with U17 and U18 teams. The girls did an outstanding job all Spring with two tournament titles and a 2nd place finish in the Potomac Tournament losing in double OT in the final. The team put up a dominating 44-14 goal differential throughout the Spring which included 13 shutouts in 21 matches.
MAY 2012 -
In the first official matchup of Coach Mark's two teams the U16 Curve and U18 Sting in a HS Division 1 clash the Curve and Sting played an exciting match with the Sting coming out with the 4-2 victory.
- Congratulations to the Curve on a second straight tournament championship in which they did not allow a single goal. The girls won the U16G flight at the PWSI Icebreaker tournament
on March 24-25 thanks to four straight shutouts. They battled the wet conditions and fatigue from the HS season to play four strong matches over the two days. A great team effort on defense from Lexi in goal up to the forwards to limit opposing chances while creating many of their own.
- The Curve won the U16G Silver flight at the Va Legacy 2012 President's Day Cup and Showcase
in Williamsburg, VA on Feb 18-19. While weather on the first day was sunny and near 60 degrees, the girls had a final day of games with temperatures in the low 30s, rain, and sleet. The girls kept focused and capped a dominant tournament with a 4-0 championship game victory giving them 16 goals scored - none allowed. Congratulations to all of the girls for a great weekend!
Fall 2011 Team Picture
- In July the Curve ventured out on their first annual tubing trip on the Shenandoah River which happened on the warmest day ever recorded at Dulles Airport (105 degrees!). Luckily the girls were able to find a quarry-fed stream of ice cold water.
SUMMER 2011 and 2010
- The Curve and "older sister" team, the Herndon Sting
, participated in the 2011 and 2010 Adidas Labor Day Shootout in Greensboro, NC. Both teams did a great job each year, but the highlight of the 2010 weekend was the dual team dinner banquet to celebrate their past, current and future successes. Fun was had by all!
See our NOTES
page for our tournament plans for 2012.